Si svolgerà domenica 23 febbraio 2014, a Richmond-on-Thames la Old Deer Richmond Park Half Marathon (promossa dal team Energised Sport) che è considerata una delle più scenografiche e splendide Mezze Maratone nell'area metropolitana di Londra.
Il suo scenario è è l' Old Deer Richmond Park, che si presenta con un paesaggio ondulato, senza grandi dislivelli altimetrici (nel sito dell'antico Royal Deer Park di Richmond): uno scenario che è teatro anche di altre iniziative podistiche tra le quali una rinomata 10 K che si svolge ad Aprile.
La gara si svolge lungo un circuito agile e veloce di poco pù di 10 chilometri da ripetere 2 volte che porterà gli atleti a correre in un contesto di grande bellezza naturale e lungo il Tamigi.
E' considerata - non soltanto per promozione interessata degli organizzatori - una di quelle Mezze dove si può tentare di ottenere la propria best performance nella distanza.
E' molto partecipata: nell'edizione 2013 sono stati 1100 i partecipanti.
La numerosa partecipazione dipende sia dalla possibilità di correre in uno spledido scenario naturale, adatto anche per le famiglie ma anche per il fatto che i molti servizi nell'area partenza/arrivo rendono tutto estremamente confortevole
L'organizzazione della gara è connessa con una charity (Il Shooting Stars Children Hospice).
One of the fastest Half Marathon courses around suited to both the beginner and faster athletes, This is a great course to acheive that personal best time! The course scenery include Old Deer Park, Kew Gardens, and River Thames.
Over half the course runs along the tow path by the riverside! The run is open to all abilities.
In association with the local charity Shooting Stars Childrens Hospice. With the latest Chip timing,a £300 pot for cash prizes, lots of freebies, spot prizes, free massages, energy bars/drinks and that all important medal!
Toilets, Refreshments, Supervised bag storage, Onsite retailer, Sports Massages, Fruit, Stalls, Virgin Active Warm ups
This race is one of the most scenic and gorgeus runs in the London area. The route is very flat and perfect for a personal best time.
We hope you are in good health!
In the next few days you will be receiving by post your race number. The race number also has 2 built in Timing Chips and a tear off baggage tag for the race!
Please do not tamper with the timing chip in any way! Also, please can you ensure that you remember to bring your race number with you on the day of the event as it has been logged against your name. Your race number must be safely pinned to the front of your running top/shirt. Your race number must be clearly visible to enable us to capture and record your finish time.
This all in one race number/timing chip and baggage tag will save lots of time on race day and we believe it’s the best option going forward.
Race Location. The race starts and finishes at Old Deer Park on Twickenham Road as indicated by the arrow on the map below. This is also race HQ and where the registration area is located.
If travelling by train/tube, the nearest station is Richmond. From the station, turn right and walk up Kew Road to Richmond Circus. From here take the first exit left on to Twickenham and continue until you reach race HQ. In total, this is less than a ten minute walk. Please check Transport for London and Rail/tube website before travelling as there could be industrial action!
If travelling by car, parking is available for over 400 cars at Old Deer Park Car Park (TW9 2RA) which is located opposite the event HQ. This is free until 11.00am on Sundays, after which a charge of £0.75 per each half hour applies (you can pay when you arrive and will be issued a ticket to start at 11.00am). We anticipate that this car park will fill up very quickly and so, if you intend to use this car park we recommend that you arrive early to give yourself enough time to find alternative parking should this be necessary.
Among others alternatives, we suggest Ranelagh Drive which is adjacent to Twickenham Bridge (TW1 1QZ) and a five minute walk to the event - once parked, cross Richmond Footbridge and turn right towards the narrow bridge that leads into Old Deer Park and to race HQ. However, there is also plenty of metered parking (free on Sunday) available in the local area around Kew Road and the surrounding areas. Please note there will be no parking allowed in the Pools in the park car park at the entrance of Old Deer Park. Anyone that tries to park here could get clamped so we advise the other areas mentioned above. This car park is only for members using the gym and we cannot stress this enough that no parking please!!!
Events Amenities. There is a supervised baggage drop area at the event. This is free to use but please note that we cannot take any responsibility for loss of items or possessions, so please refrain from storing valuables in this area. Please tear off the baggage tag from the race number and attach to your bag before setting off for the race.
A number of toilets are available at the event (although expect some queues at these!). However, please be aware that showers and changing facilities will not be available. Do not attempt to use the toilets/showers facilities at the nearby SpringHealth Leisure Centre as you will be turned away!
Important Notes to Runners
- Please arrive in good time to allow for parking and preparing for the race.
- Take time to familiarise yourself with the race map which is published above and on our website prior to the race
- Obey marshal instructions at all times.
- For your own safety, we ask that you do not wear headphones or listen to music during the run. Runners who choose to disregard this instruction must do so at their own risk.
- The registration area will close promptly at 08:50am after which a pre race warm up will start around 10 to 15 minutes prior to the race start. At around 9:10am runners will be called to the start line in order of predicted finish times. It is imperative that fast runners be allowed to start at the front of the pack. Please do not assemble at the start line until called.
- The race will be chip timed. This means that each runner will receive their own individual and accurate race time from when he/she crosses the start and finish line. These will be published within 48 hours of the race on our web site.
- Prizes & trophies are decided on a first past the post system irrespective of what chip time you may have achieved. Therefore, if you are running to win the prize money/trophies, it is your responsibility to ensure that you position yourself at the front of the pack – although we will assist with this as best we can.
- As soon as the race starts, please be aware of pedestrians who may be using the Park, pathways or pavements. There will be other events taking place on at ODP so please be aware of these.
- The first part of the run is run on grass which may be wet and therefore slippery so please be aware of other runners until the field begins to thin out.
- The majority of the course is mainly run on narrow roads and lanes. There are some uneven road surfaces and be aware that there may be other debris and possible some mud.
- The roads are not closed for this event, so please be aware of any pedestrians and other road users who may be around at the time of the run. Where possible marshals will attempt to stop the traffic to help runners negotiate these areas but please bear in mind that marshals are not the police so do not take unnecessary risks.
- Cups of water will be provided during the race. Please try to finish your drink within 400m to help contain the area of refuse collection.
- The finish is through a tight space. Runners will need to cross a short, narrow bridge about 200m from the end. Please take extreme care here and be aware of other park users and pedestrians.
- Please note the route is over 2 LAPS!
- Please keep to the right of the towpath when advised as runners will be coming back down the tow path!
- The final 200 m is run on grass which may be wet and therefore slippery.
- On crossing the finish line, keep moving along the finish and collect your medals & hand outs.
- Please help keep ODP and Richmond tidy by using the bins provided or by taking your rubbish home with you.
- During the race, if you need to pull out of the run for any reason, please inform the nearest marshal.
- Please inform a marshal or a member of the onsite medical crew if you have any problems.
- In the event of a dispute, the race director’s decision is final.
Finally, for more tips/information please read our FAQ page on our website or email us at email@example.com.
We really hope you enjoy our event. See you at the start and have a great race!
From all of us at
scrivi un commento …