I terreni di corsa sono vari, sterrati, strade carrabili a fondo naturale; single track, come anche sono molto variabili i dislivelli altimetrici da una tappa all'altra.
La gara che quest'anno si svolgerà dal 31 agosto all'8 settembre 2013, è aperta ad un massimo di 40 iscritti e allo stato attuale sono ancora disponibili 12 posti.
E' una bella occasione per fare un viaggio in Islanda e, rispetto ai costi turistici di un viaggio in Islanda, il rapporto qualità/prezzo sembra essere veramente ottimo.
Runiceland is organized by the WWP Organisation in cooperation with the Iceland Tourism Committee. It's a Trail running experience. The race is open to everybody, both pro athletes and amateurs can run the breathtaking tracks of Iceland, the most amazing country in the world!
The relaxed and friendly atmosphere you can find in all the WWP races will allow amateurs to approach this wonderful sport and the pros to test themselves surrounded by the unbelievable island nature! The race course has been created in close cooperation with Marco Olmo, 14 times at the “Marathon des Sables” and winner of the “Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc” (UTMB) in 2006 and 2007.
Runiceland is a multi-stage event (5 stages for 110 k), the final result time is calculated by adding together the times achieved on each stage.
Several activities are planned during the afternoons prior to the short stages.
Sightseeings among glaciers and waterfalls, navigation at the glacier lagoon (at extra cost), short walks and places of interests; non of the activity is fatiguing, you will both have time to rest and enjoy the scenery!
The 2013 Runiceland is limited to 40 athletes! Hurry up!
Entry: 2013 Runiceland entry fee is 1580 euros. This includes:
- Race pack with many gadgets from our sponsors,
- 8 nights in hotels or guesthouses, double rooms with private facilities; from ... in the morning,
- 8 breakfasts,
- 5 dinners; dinners in Reykjavik are not included to give you the opportunity to live the unique atmosphere of the city,
- the presence of our local, resourceful and expert tour-leader and guide,
- Several touristic activities,
- All transports during the week starting from the meeting on Saturday night (transfers to and from the airport are not included),
- The presence of our personal Physiotherapist and Osteopath during the race week in case of injuries (a paying massage service will be probably activated).
You can register for the 2013 RUNICELAND by clicking here.
Qui di seguito una parte del programma (la parte specificatamente podistica)
Sept 2nd, Monday. 1st stage -17 km, D+ 750 mt D-750 mt. Mountain trail at Skaftafell Area inside the Vatnajokull National Park. Dep. Time 10Am. During the afternnon we will take you on a guided excursion to the area focusing on the glacier and visit of Jokulsarlòn Glacier Lagoon where you will have the possibility of a boat ride amongst the mighty icebergs. Dinner and accommodation at a hotel in the Kirkjubaerklaustur area.
Sept 3rd, Tuesday. 2nd Stage -10 km (1st of the 3x10 km) d+ 140 mt. Partially flat course both on a dirt Road and black sand beach; the stage ends at Dyrolahey lighthouse with an amazing view over the Atlantic Ocean. Dep. At 3.30 pm. The rest of the day is dedicated to further exploring of the South Coast, included Myrdalssandur, ReynisHverfi and Vik i Myrdal. Dinner and accommodation at a farm-holiday Hotel in the Skogar area, wehere we will spend three nights.
- Sept 4th, Wendnesday. 3rd Stage – 20 km, d+300 mt, d- 140mt. Dirt road and stretches of trail following a Volcanic desert called “Sandur”. During this stage you’ll be running very close to the glacier Sòlheymajokull. Start at 10 am.
- Sept 5th, Thursday. 4th stage “The marathon”; Km 42.195 (2nd stage of 3x10 km) d+ 500 mt, d- 305 mt. Dirt roads and trails, across lava fields. Atop a volcano and along the beautiful valley of Dòmadalur; the stage ends at landamannalaugar where you will be able to enjoy the warm waters of a natural hot spring so come prepared!
- Sept 6th, Friday. You will not be running today; after breakfast we will depart for a guided tour of the “Golden Circle” with Iceland’s main attractions: Geyser, Gullfoss and Thinvellir; site of the Viking Parliament. We return to Reykjavik where you will have time at leisure. Dinners in Reykjavik are not included as you will go exploring the tasty local restaurants!
- Sept 7th, Saturday. 5th stage – Km 21,095 (3rd stage of 3x10 km) along the Hilly dirt Track of Kaldidalur D+ 360 mt, d-80mt; start 10.00 am and prize giving at 1pm. The rest of the aftermoon will be for you to relax as Saturday evening you will be taken on a “sixt” stage amongst the many bars of downtown Reykjavik to experience the amazing Icelandic nightlife.